Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Fun For Everyone?

Is Christmas fun for everyone? 
It seems like there are too many people who stress themselves out by taking the season way too seriously!
The perfect tree, the best light display, the coolest gifts, the most popular Christmas party, and by the time Christmas comes they are worn out, depressed, disgusted, and disgruntled!
I would rather be happy and have a "Charlie Brown" tree, like I have, than be crabby with a magnificently perfect "show tree!"
Now, I understand that there are some folks who can do the flawless Christmas with no stress or worries. That's cool.
However, if we are so wrapped up in creating the BEST Christmas that it makes us cry, is it worth it!
Joy, laughter, fun, songs, telling stories, telling jokes, hugging grandchildren...doesn't cost a thing, and I believe, is the BEST part of Christmas!
One of the saddest things I can think of are the people on "Black Friday" who, with shameless greed, fight and claw their way into the store for a stupid gift for a spoiled kid!
Maybe that's their way of having fun, but "black" is a good description of the dark, unloving attitude they display on that day.
How about buying or even MAKING something meaningful as a gift, that does not include virtual manslaughter!
I know I'm old fashioned, and living in my memories of Christmas in the old days when family and friends would just drop in unannounced, and that was perfectly okay, the Christmas season didn't start until AFTER Thanksgiving, and the Christmas T.V. specials were really SPECIAL, by airing very close to Christmas day!
Yes, I'm an old "fuddy duddy," just blowing off some steam, and probably no one will ever read this, but I feel happy now! HA!!
Merry Christmas EVERYONE and have FUN!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment