Thursday, May 23, 2013


THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY

I'm always tired,
Every job I had I quit, or was fired.


I left the burner on and melted the bottom of the pan,
My real name is Danny, but some folks call me Dan.


I walk Benji about 7 times a day,
That's when I take time to pray.


I pray for my granddaughters and my beautiful wife,
God keep them safe from harm, thanks for allowing them in my life.


Sometimes I feel guilty over cruel things I've done,
And these dark thoughts of shame seem to spoil life's fun.


I tell myself, don't think about it , my sins are forgiven,
But it's often so bad, that I don't feel like livin'.

I'm joyful at church, praising God with my songs,
And I know that He loves me, in spite of my wrongs.


However, I fear when I walk out the door,
I'll make such a mistake, God won't love me no more.


I know that the Bible tells me I'm saved,
From the worry of death in an eternal grave.


I know that it's true, in my heart it does dwell,
But what I deserve is the worst kind of Hell.




The words I am sharing should not be discouraging,
In fact, I am hoping they will be encouraging,
If you are a miserable misfit like me,
If you are a blind man who so wants to see,
If you are a prisoner who wants to be free,
If you want the door opened and can't find the key,



Jesus is gonna love you know matter what you've done in the past, because that's his job, and let's face it, he already knows all of the nasty deeds you've done and hasn't obliterated your butt yet, has he?!

Don't get me wrong, though. 

I am imperfect, REAL imperfect, and still have my doubts, fears, nasty thoughts, anger, depression...and it is very difficult for me to understand how God can forgive me for what I am...
But I guess I'll just have to take his word for it!



John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Dear God,
Welcome into your arms all the innocent ones who perished in the Oklahoma tornado, and please bless and comfort the families and friends of those who are with you now in heaven.
We know your ways are higher than our ways, and your thoughts higher than our thoughts, so please give the sufferers of this, and other tragic disasters, the faith, strength, and courage to continue on with the understanding you will make all things right one day.





Revelation 21:4


And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.


AMEN!


6 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't commented in a couple days, Danny, things got a little crazy with my job and my blog! This is a nice Thoughtful Thursday post! I always love your poetry, you are a master with words, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, brother! I'm always surprised when you comment on my religious fanatic posts anyway! HA!
      You are a good friend and your blog is addicting!
      Thanks, Marty!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful. I know we have all done wrong but your so right God does love & forgive us. I know he wants us to forgive ourselves. Please don't forget all the good you do. Hey, like praying for the people touched by such tragedy in Oaklohoma, or the times you cheered me up when I was down. You R such a great person Danny. I know it deep in my heart. I care so much & you R a bright star. God uses what we have been through to help others & you have touched many lives. You use your jokes & your sweet voice to touch others. I bet God is saying "WELL DONE Danny my good & faithful servant"! Never forget our past is forever forgotten & covered by the blood of Jesus. OK Ill stop now, Wow Danny your family is lovely!!!!!!!!! So very lovely & the children are angels, sweet angels. Bless you & love the prayers on this blog. Awesome job from the heart my friend forever<3 yellow rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For once, I'm at a loss for words!
      Except thank you for allowing me to be your friend!
      Sincerely,
      Danny

      Delete
  3. The prayer for the children brought tears to my eyes. I agree with you in this prayer. Just beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete