Friday, July 26, 2013

Greg Batton...King Of Peoria...Super Cool Dude!

FAN FRIDAY


I saw my friend, Greg Batton, at "Jac's Doghouse" bar (he was giving away free Cardinals tickets, so I needed to be there), in Pekin Illinois, just about an hour and twenty minutes ago. 




He was doing a remote broadcast from the place, like he has done at many places in the Peoria area many times, for years.

He is a local celebrity, as he hosts a daily morning radio show (The Greg and Dan Show) that is very popular.



He often does these remote broadcasts from various businesses in the area that include bars, home improvement places, and even a meat shop!



What always impresses me about Greg is that he never gives the impression he doesn't want to be there.



He is a true professional in every sense of the word.

He is always on time, friendly to everybody, takes time to listen to my bad jokes, and just plain, for real, nice!

Remember the song, "King Of Kansas City?" Well, listen to it now, okay?
Well, Greg Batton is in the exact same situation as the dude in this song, except Greg is on the radio...the guy in the song is on TV...the guy in the song drives a Cadillac...Greg drives a Malibu, and Greg did not get a letter from Omaha begging him to come there...at least, as far as I know!



That is my biggest fear!

Greg and Dan are so good, that I'm afraid Chicago, St. Louis, or (heaven forbid) L.A. will scoop them up, and I'll be verklempt the rest of my life!



I'm getting away from the point of the story. Which is...umm...I forgot!

Hey, how's about baby George? 

He's really cute, but I heard that Kate said he was a real pain in the...

Oh, WAIT...I'm starting to remember my point!

I GOT IT! 

Greg Batton could act like he is way better than the rest of us, self important, aloof, and be a diva like Cher or Alec Baldwin, but he is really super cool! 









That's kind of refreshing to me.


1 comment:

  1. What a great person Greg is. This is a nice blog & I love the pic with the buildings & the mountains. Hey I like the picture of the two fellers at the end of the blog. Handsome dudes if ya ask me. <3
    Yellow Rose

    ReplyDelete