Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sorry Sunday




When I was a sophomore in high school I was kind of popular, and a few girls wanted me to dance with them at Teen Town, take them to school activities, and they thought I was funny, interesting, and cute!

I was on the football and wrestling team, and in perfect shape.



During summer vacation I gained 50 pounds!




When I returned to school, I was no longer funny, interesting, or cute to these girls.

In fact, they wouldn't even talk to me, or stand next to me!

I was the same guy as before, only larger!

It taught me a lot about human behavior.

Just like the dude says in the Sonic commercial, "It's what's outside that counts!"




Studies have shown that people will treat a pretty waitress far better than an ugly one.

People with deformities will be stared at, and considered less intelligent by some people.

Beautiful celebrities will be adored by millions of people, even if they are rude, crude, and always in a bad mood!



The greatest, sweetest, most wonderful people I've known were not much for looks!

However, they were beautiful to me!

I don't mean they were beautiful in a symbolic sense, I'm saying they REALLY  became beautiful to my eyes!

Just as if they were  pretty celebrities.

I know, I'm weird, but I see the people I love with my heart, not my eyes!

My grandmas were beautiful, my fat friends, my bald buddies, and every baby I've seen!



This does not make me extra kind, compassionate, or special.

It's just the way I see things, and I can't change that.

On the other hand, some of the prettiest people I have seen, are ugly to the eyes of my heart.


Casey Marie Anthony


Did that episode of the girls rejecting me in high school make me insecure, feeling sorry for myself, and cause me to suffer from life long depression?

Get serious.




HECK YES, IT DID!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. To me it is the inside that counts, the things that make people beautiful .. Kindness, sweetness care, to me that is most important. You are all these things my friend. :) Have a great Sunday!!!! bff, Lady Mim Sweet blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Cheryl! I was thinking how Gounderus is beautiful to his friends, and Kate, and Jaybird! We don't even consider there outward appearances, just the love and kindness that pours out of them! Now Sara and Manolis really are beautiful, but we won't hold that against them! Ha Ha Ha!!! I'm working on Standing On Holy Ground to sing in church, but it will be a while before I'm ready. Thanks for being such a good friend! Heading off to church now! Thank you very much!
      See ya later, gator,
      Danny

      Delete
    2. :) U R purddy too my friend. Being a good person just ups the outward beauty. :)Hope church was great. Mine was . Sundays are just so nice. It refreshing. I put Breanna & your family on the prayer list till she gets some good results. Yall have a lovely day:)

      Delete
    3. Deeply appreciate your loving thoughts and prayers for Breanna! I love going to church and being with my church family! I always feel a lot better when I'm there.
      I also love singing in the Praise Band every Sunday! You are such an encouragement and blessing, Cheryl!

      Delete
  2. I thought you gained the weight so you could wrestle and play football. I remember you having lots of friends and being popular all through high school. You got invited to parties and stuff. You were voted "sweetest and nicest" in the school paper poll in our senior year, I hated that they changed it in the yearbook to Semi Orcan, just because he was the exchange student. You're right though, people you love are beautiful, no matter how like they look. Remember Mom always said, "how like you look". Take care Bubba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice words, Dee-Dee! I had a lot of guy friends, but I lost my "chick friends" when I gained all the weight! It's okay, though! If it still bothered me, I would write about it! Ha Ha Ha! Have a great day, sis!

      Delete
  3. Honey, I've seen pictures of you when you were younger, you were cute then and still are. You have everything going for you, your singing, your sweet personality, you're a great husband, lover, my best friend, also, awesome step-dad, and the Best Babaw!!! Love you very much, your baby Angel !!!! I forgot 2 more things, a great cook, and a great Daddy to Benji!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What an awesome comment, baby! Are you sure you're thinking about ME? I always thought I was ugly, and not really that great at any of the other stuff you mentioned. But I'll take your word for it, honey!!! LOL! I think That's the nicest comment you ever gave me!!! Thank you from my old decrepit heart! I love you, Baby Angel!

    ReplyDelete