Thursday, December 12, 2013

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there.


 Author: Amy Li



I have written about my sister Dee-Dee a number of times before, and this time I just want to thank her and her husband Stan for always being there for me.
Even though I've been a misfit,
Since I was a  child,
My big sister loved me,
The times when I was wild.

When I acted selfish,
Made everybody sad,
Dee-Dee always seemed to know,
I wasn't really bad.

She cheered for me at football games,
Even though we always lost,
She was always my defender,
When someone I had crossed.


I did not deserve her loving care.
When she tied my shoes at school,
And never put me down too much,
When I acted like a fool.


Dee-Dee has a heart like Mom,
She gives without a thought,
Of ever getting a return,
For the happiness she's brought.

Just ask the ones who know her,
They will all agree,
There is no one kind as her,
She's been wonderful to me!


I truly owe you heartfelt thanks,
My guardian angel, Dee-Dee,
May God bless you and keep you well,
And also Stan, your sweetie!!






2 comments:

  1. The picture at the end of your blog has always been my favorite of Lucy and Linus. That's how sisters feel about little brothers. Brothers stay out in the cold so you bring them inside, tuck them in and say goodnight. Then you don't mention it again because there's no need to.

    Love you too Bubba, even when I called you Dano just to see your reaction. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for everything, Dee-Dee! You are an amazing person!

      Delete