Tuesday, January 15, 2013

LET US BE OH SO POETIC ONCE AGAIN

Since my last poem went over so well, I decided to begin with a classic poem that has been scribbled on so many public bathroom stalls and walls for centuries: 
There once was a girl from Nantucket,
She didn't care what, she would _ _ _ _ it..
I saw Leslie West, Jack Bruce, and Corky Lang in concert! They hurt my little ears!

Who wants to finish this poem that was voted funniest of all the restroom rhymes during the pay toilet era:
Here I sit brokenhearted....



I need to discuss a very sensitive subject before I relate the next timeless poem.

Black or colored?

When I was a kid the nicest way to speak about an African American individual was to say "colored."

"He was such a nice colored man!"  

"" I don't care what everybody says, I think colored girls can be pretty cute!"


However, to say a "black" man or woman was an insult to them. 

Now, it's just the opposite, for heaven's sake!

Black is the term most of my African Americans friends prefer, and colored is not to be uttered anymore!

So, in this historical context, I give you a poem that was considered politically and racially correct in the 50's: 

One bright morning, in the middle of the night,
Two white colored boys had a fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other,
A deaf policeman heard the noise,
And came and killed the two dead boys.
If you don't believe the story, ask the blind man,
He saw it all!


Poems...poems...poems...I've got one!


Last night I saw upon the stair,
A little man who wasn't there,
He wasn't there again today,
Oh, how I wish he'd go away!
Kind of frightening ain't it?

Here be another classic mind bending poem from the old sod:

There once were two cats of Kilkenny,
Each thought there was one cat too many,
So they fought and they fit,
And they scratched and they bit,
Till, excepting their nails
And the tips of their tails,
Instead of two cats, there weren't any.
I really need to apologize for this ancient poetry, but I really love it, sure and begora!!


And finally, the greatest poetic lines ever created by a true beer lover and wordsmyth extrodinaire!!

Dedicated to Marty Wombacher
                                  Ode TO A BEER!                                   

2 comments:

  1. Danny Manny, you are a true poet and now we all know it! Thanks for the dedication, too cool! And one last thing...Burma Shave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although none of these poems are my creations, I will take credit for all of them! Who'll know!
      I could not think of a more deserving recipient for the Ode To Beer dedication than you, Marty!
      By the way, isn't it kind of sad and pathetic that you are the only one to comment on my blog?
      Do you think they're afraid of an average, mentally unstable dude like me?
      Anyway, thanks for being a faithful fiend!
      Your fellow fiend,
      Danny

      Delete