Monday, January 21, 2013

MY BEST FRIEND, GREG

I really, really don't like mushy stuff, but I have to write about how I feel in my heart, or my uvula may drop off!
Sidebar: I was born with a uvula but no tonsils, REALLY!

Where was I? Oh, yeah...mushy stuff. 

In my past life, for about 40 years, I was not always the nicest person when I was off my meds, or even ON my meds!

Have you ever seen someone that had turrets syndrome, and could not control what they would say?
 I was very much like that, and it was ugly, and I lost a lot of friends.


I probably treated my best friend Greg worse than anybody! (Now, I'm not claiming I'm HIS best friend, but he is definitely MY best friend!)

Greg supported the  2 books that I wrote, had me on his radio show TWICE (Greg and Dan Show 1470 AM WMBD), let me do silly "bits" on the show, used a jingle I wrote, and has ALWAYS been a faithful friend to me!



MY BOOKS





I was often rude, ill mannered, unthankful, pushy, belligerent, stupid acting, and nasty!


I am not saying Greg took all of this with a smile, no way, but he was kind and patient enough to help me, and teach me to have more self control and empathy for others.

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. day, and I believe these words from Doctor King apply to Greg Batton in a profound way:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr.



I know I have definitely been a challenge for Greg , but I also understand that he has met other challenges in his life with dignity and class.

If I know Greg, he is not going to like this mushy stuff that I wrote about him, but ...

I almost forgot, it's Greg's birthday Thursday the 24th, and just like Greg, he is giving ME and a friend of mine from abroad, a great gift!
(No, she's not a "broad," she's a sweet girl.)






Greg has also made it possible for me to get a shout out from my favorite comedian, Bill Cosby, AND actaully meet stars like Bob Zany, Yvonne Greer, and the Magnificent Marty Wombacher!







See what I mean about that big lovable teddy bear being soooo cool?

You will have to listen on Thursday morning (between 5:30 and 9:00 AM) to see what he's gonna do for me and my friend from Norway. HA! So suspenseful!                          

I don't think Greg reads my blog, but do you blame him? LOL!

Anyway, that don't matter, 'cause I just need to say,
 Greg, I love you, man!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your sentiments about Greg! He's let me do his radio show for decades and is very supportive. Happy early birthday to Greg! Nice tribute to him, Danny Manny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would agree with this Marty. You know him even better than me. Greg is one of the greatest influences on my life,and an unbelievable friend!

      Delete