Thursday, October 3, 2013

THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY






Breanna was just admitted into the  hospital again today, due to complications from her cystic fibrosis.
It could be for a month, they don't know for sure.

It is always a hard time, but it is kind of heartwarming to see how Bre Bre has become a little celebrity at the Children's Hospital Of Illinois.




Someone suggested they put her name on her room because she's been there so many times.

Although she does not like going there, it has become a second home to her, and she knows the "ropes" of hospital living very well.

Everyone adores the tiny "pipsqueak," and she has them wrapped around her little finger. 

She has people coming in to visit her from all over the hospital, and from all over the Peoria area!

We talked to a neighbor of  Matt and Ashley (Breanna's dad and mom) today, and she told us how she, and other people we don't know, make it a point to visit Breanna every time she's in the hospital.

Breanna's warm, loving, FUNNY personality, in spite of her breathing problems, draws folks to her...bringing gifts most of the time!

Her room becomes FILLED with so many balloons, stuffed animals, toys, books, and various gifts, that we almost need a U-Haul trailer to bring them home!

I know all of these things don't make up for the fact that she has a life threatening disease, but it builds my faith in the good heartedness of most people.

I honestly do not believe I could be as strong as Matt and Ashley have been these past few years.




With their oldest daughter, Brooklin, suffering from autism, and Breanna's cystic fibrosis, they have had so much to deal with.




They keep getting "knocked down for the count," and get back up, over and over again!

As for our little hero Breanna, we hardly ever see her without a smile on her face, laughing, singing, and even dancing, in spite of her breathing difficulties!




God bless all of you who have shown such precious love, and prayed for Breanna and the Heeren family!

I was in tears yesterday when I heard about Bre Bre having to go back in the hospital. She must have found out I was upset, and she sent me a message through her mommy.

She said, "It's okay."



6 comments:

  1. What a heartwarming blog. Ok I am in tears with an overwhelming love & compassion for little ones & when they are ill & CF is a tough one. My husband & I send prayers out to the lovely & brave parents, You ,wife & the 2 girls. My Grand-daughter has autism. My son & I lived @ Texas children s Hospital for yrs as my son had many life therating birth defects. I know it hurts so much . It is a super struggle to keep a smile for our children when they are ill. I thinks it is so sweet that they r the one who encourage us grown ups. Tell Breanna an old lady who loves pink, loves the pic of her in the lil pink boots. If I could I would send her a gift...... It wouldn't come in a box or pretty wrapping. It would be the gift of breath. A healing complete from heaven. <3 Prayers for your angels. Bless you & family. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the words of healing you bring, Cheryl! I know God answers prayers, and when there are so many like you praying for Breanna, it brings comfort, hope, and peace to our hearts! We, in turn, keep praying for you and your family! God bless you!

      Delete
  2. Honey, This is Beautiful!!!! I was crying as I was reading it. I'm on break, so I will write more later. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too, babe! You have always been there for your kids and grandkids like nobody I've ever known, and what a blessing for me to have the privilege of sharing them with you!

      Delete
  3. Danny my dear friend..Your blog got me in tears my friend..What a heartwarm write..I want you to know that she will be in my prayers and my thoughts. Prayers and thoughts for you and your family Danny..I will light up and candle for her..A pink candle..
    God will bless you my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were beautiful words from your heart, Manolis! You are an amazing friend! Thank you so much!

      Delete