Saturday, March 2, 2013

EMERGENCY BLOG POST

WE INTERRUPT OUR USUAL ST. LOUIS SUNDAYS FOR AN EMERGENCY BLOG POST!!

Sara-Marie Ulsund Sticksrud is feeling a bit down.
She needs us to let her know how much we love her, need her, support her, fantasize about her! ( Just kidding about fantasizing! Do you think I'm an old little perv or something?)


Dear Sara,

The first time ever I saw your face,
Your beauty blew me away,
A sweet precious gift out of Norway,
But I thought you were from the U.K.

Your soft pleasant voice sounded British,
As your words filled my ears on that day,
I wished you were talking to lonely old me,
But I found you were talking to Jay.

I thought this was something romantic,
As you both shared your feelings so free,
Like a scene from the movie Titanic, 
On the rail, overlooking the sea.

So I thought I would stoke up the fire,
For two lovers an ocean apart,
Feeling deep silent pangs of desire,
But too shy to reveal all their heart.

So I wrote a few words of encouragement,
Hoping I could stir up love's warm winds,
Then how I was filled with discouragement,
When I found out that you were just friends.

Still I watched Sara's life lived on YouTube,
And found there was much more to find,
Than beautiful eyes and long silken hair,
You were thoughtful and gifted and kind.

You have given this old man attention,
You have lifted me up with your style,
And although I have lost some retention,
I will never forget your sweet smile.

So your legacy may not be glorious,
In your eyes maybe falling apart,
But it's lasting and true, And we know it too.
Cause it's written right here in my heart.

Danny Maness  
Move cursor under this sentence if you want to share your love for this wonderful girl. (Links will show up)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SaraMUSt
https://www.facebook.com/saramarie.stiksrud?fref=ts

7 comments:

  1. Sara, love ya & your smile has already made this world a better place. I just don't have enough words to express how much you touched my life & filled my heart with music❤🎶. Cheers to the past & the future. Hugs from Cheryl m
    I'm soooo happy your my friend❤always

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice:)Wonderful poem! She deserves it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Athena!
      Sara is such a kind, loving, thoughtful girl!
      A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.--Washington Irving

      Delete
  3. Awesome! Beautiful eyes... check. Silken hair... check. Great choice of video too (this song was for me and I cherish it greatly:). Funny thing is, the first question I asked Sara was "how long did you live in England for?" because of her slightly 'Sloaney' accent. So, I'm not the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Alan,
      I can see we both have good taste in music and women!
      Great comment!
      I love listening to Sara speak, in English and in Norwegian. Although I don't understand Norwegian.
      Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Sara!
      Danny

      Delete
  4. Great post today, Danny, cheers to Sara! We all go through down times and I hope this post lifts her out of this one. Great poem you wrote to her, let's hope this makes Sara Smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marty!
      Sara has become such a great friend to me, and your "Sara Smile" comment was priceless! I LOVE that song!!
      It's going through my head now, buddy! Cool!
      Danny

      Delete